Clerk’s FAQ

Frequently asked questions

Q. I want to organise an event (for cars, motorbikes, cycling, running, etc.) in Cheddar Gorge. Who do I need to speak to?

A. See our guidance document here.

Q. How do I apply for an allotment?

A. You can download an allotment application form here.

Q. How do I terminate my allotment tenancy ?

A. You can download a termination form here

Q. How can I view planning documents online?

A. Planning documents can be viewed on the Sedgemoor Planning Portal by entering the application number into the search facility.

Q. How do I report minor highway defects such as potholes?

A. You can report a fault to Somerset Highways by emailing or telephone 0845 345 9155. They can also be reported at